Scope and Consent
Collection of Your Personal Information
You can visit the Shop the County Portal without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
When you visit our Portal, use our Services and/or reply to business incentives, ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information from your interaction with our Portal and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from open.shopthecounty.ca, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
We collect and store any information you enter on our Portal or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- Additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third-party Services;
- Information provided in the context of correspondence through our Portal or correspondence that is sent to us; and
- Information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device
may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- To personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads; and
- To provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information
We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Portal or related Portals with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media Portals, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
Transfer of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- Service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the Portal, such as marketing agencies and technical support providers. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Shop the County.
- Other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via Shop the County, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation.
Information you Share on Shop the County
Our Portal allows users to share your business profile and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Portal also enables you to directly contact a business, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Portal and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Portal from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your Portal visits.
Protection and Retention of your Personal Information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
If you have any questions about Shop the County and our Portal, please contact us by Clicking Here.
Updated May 20, 2020